Announcing Mother Hen for Android version 1.1.1!
Here are some of the new features:
- It is now possible to to harvest eggs by type of bird, i.e. chicken, duck, quail, etc
- A long press on a bird photo will allow you to set the primary picture and (finally) rearrange them!
- You can now assign an egg color to birds
- You can now assign a band color to birds
- Added Guineafowl (by request)
- Added the ability to track eggs on a hen by hen basis
- The egg graph can now be grouped by egg color, bird type or both
- Added current flock member count
- Added CSV export for harvest history and financial journal
- Added a one-time hint popup to help out people that haven’t discovered the graph yet 😀
- Added additional time ranges (months) for financial statistics (by request)
- Pictures added to Mother Hen should no longer be picked up by the media scanner and added to the gallery
- Egg colors are now working when editing a breed
- You can now associate a bird with certain journal entries and it will appear in the bird’s history (by request)
- Two new shades of green for egg colors (by request)
- The app icon should now fill the circle on Oreo devices
- J’ai ajouté une traduction française. S’il vous plait, m’aider à l’améliorer
As you can see, we have gotten many feature requests and there are more yet to do, so please keep them coming. We enjoy feedback from users and it helps us build a better app.
Now that Android is caught up to iOS, feature-wise, the next big feature on the roadmap is data syncing with the cloud, in order to allow syncing between multiple devices and data backup. The current plan is to use the built-in cloud platforms native to each device, i.e. iCloud of iOS and Google Drive for Android initially, which will allow syncing to devices within a single account and then explore other options for cross-account syncing, like possibly Dropbox. If you have a favorite service that you use for this kind of purpose, please let us know in the comments.
– Wes Bustraan
Mother Hen Developer